Tembel Blogcu

Yeteri kadar nedeniniz varsa, her seyi yapabilirsiniz. (Jim Rohn)



Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sri Chimnoy Peace of Mind

I have only heard this name recently. Sri Chimnoy was unfortunately passed away 2 years ago but people who understood him well have continued to carry his torch all around the world. So this is how I started meditating. Well maybe it is better to say how I start to understand the logic of meditation. I really liked the idea that some day we can actually become master of our minds. It is so true that we often act according to demand of others without thinking off what we really want. I don’t know what is wrong with us that we care some much about what others’ think. A close friend said that this is called co-dependency. “Read this article and understand your behaviours better” he added after sending me the link for the article.

Now I’m thinking-Wasn’t it me that wanted to escape from my home town at the first place? Wasn’t it me saying that I don’t want to live my life for my neighbours, relatives and co-workers etc.? I wanted to be my own. But where this co-dependency comes back to my life once again? Anyway, now I know that it is here. I am older this time! So isn’t it better to do something about it instead of just mourning. Yes! It is just about the time said my mind. Then here I was searching for a help to find my way-out not in a far place but somewhere that I can reach in the internet. :) I have also started walking down the streets and holding my head up to see a sign. Well a sign for a meditation centre. :) Luckily found one! They were offering 4 free classes to everyone to teach how to practice meditation. I know the first thing you think is that “what’s the catch?”. Why they are giving these classes and handouts free? Well they are saying that all they want is to spread the idea of meditation plus helping the world to become a better place. Well I also think they want to sell some books and CDs. :) Beside the craic, I think what they offering to the people is amazing. I never come across that people offering their skills free to the public. I think these guys understand what sharing means well. Congrats! I enjoy their work anyway. Well I must admit that I kinda felt awkward when we were repeating the mantras out loud as a part of meditation in the second class. I felt as if I joined a religious group for a while. Then it reminded me my awful time in the school choir back in the high school. But I don’t need to worry about how my voice sounded this time. Then the next thing I remember was shouting out loud the mantra “OUMmmmmmmm”. Well at least this is what my hubby told me ;)

In case someone wonders what I am talking about I enclose the link for the meditation centre below.


No comments: